The novel Corona Virus (Covid-19) has been a great challenge to all sectors of the economy including the tourism and hospitality industry. Many businesses, including ours, had to close so as to chart the way forward and come up with measures that would ensure the safety of our clients and staff.
We have adopted several safety measures from the World Health Organization (WHO) and The Ministry of Health to ensure we are ready to reopen. Amongst these are:
- We have had an inspection of premises, staff and protocols by the ministry of health and have received a certificate of clearance to operate on meeting the requirements. Some of these are highlighted below:
- Temperature checks – These are carried out on arrival at the hotel and every other day for long-stay clients. All staff are required to have daily temperature and health checks by the company nurse.
- Food Handling- All food handlers and servers have been tested. Food service is limited to table dot and ala Carte service. Buffets are discouraged but can be arranged according to guest requirements.
- Personal Hygiene – Handwashing facilities, soap dispensers and hand sanitizers have been placed throughout the facility. All persons are reminded by signs and hotel personnel to use the facilities.
- Extra decontamination measures – We have increased the frequency of cleaning all surfaces. This includes the rooms, conference halls, restaurant, public areas and all other surfaces.
- Social distance – To facilitate social distancing, we are allocating only spacious and airy conference rooms and plenty of outdoor dining options. We are also encouraging guests and staff to keep a healthy distance from each other.
- Personal protection equipment – We have provided our staff with masks and are requesting all guests to use masks in all public areas. Guests that do not have personal masks are requested to get some from the front desk.
We are confident that the measures we have put in place will go a long way to ensure your safety as you stay with us. We look forward to hosting you soon.